Polestar advises Foreign Investor in a US$ 15.0 mn “Purchase to Settle” distressed deal
Polestar acted as a Sole Advisor to a Foreign Investor (“Investor”) to acquire a stake in a 56MW hydropower generation company (“Company”) from a leading US based Hedge Fund (“Fund”). The Company and its previous investors including Fund were in litigation at various forums bringing immense stress to the business and its valuation.
- Polestar helped the Investor negotiate a discounted purchase price from Fund in secondary trade
- Handheld the nuances of the entire tax structuring and legal process for the acquisition
- Worked closely with the top legal teams on the litigation strategy at NCLT, High Court and Supreme Court.
- Helped the Investor arrive at Negotiated Settlement with the Company and its promoters
- Helped create an Extremely Profitable Exit Structure - A win-win opportunity by growing the pie for all stakeholders with zero tax incidence.
- Total settlement deal amounting to USD 15mn
- Purchase to Profitable Settlement of a distressed trade in 16 months