Polestar advises on INR 520 Cr Acquisition Finance of Stainless Steel Asset
Polestar acted as an Exclusive and Sole Advisor to an up-country stainless steel manufacturing Company (“Company/Acquiring Company”) to acquire another stainless steel producer (“Target Company”) under liquidation as a Going Concern in NCLT.
- The Acquisition was strategic in nature as it helped our client to strengthen its position to be second largest stainless steel company in India.
- We assisted the Company in the NCLT bidding process and in positioning the Transaction to various lenders such as Alternative Funds, NBFC’s and Banks.
- We extensively worked and helped the Company by formulating a view on the assumptions/detailed Financial Projections of both the Company, Ideal Capital Structure, Peer Comp Analysis, Detailed Information Memorandum etc.
- Successfully delivered several term sheets across different Lenders and assisted the Company in negotiations with the Lenders.
- The entire financing was funded at the Target Company level at one of the most competitive pricings which was closer to the cost of funding of the Acquiring Company.